The Fueled By Ramen Intern IMPOSSIBLE Interview #5
What led you from an architecture degree in college to your position in Digital Marketing with Fueled By Ramen?
I liked architecture and design, so going to school for it was great— I learned a lot about spacial relationships and cooling systems, but also visual composition. Our final projects always required a presentation so I ended up doing a lot of graphic design work, which I loved. I guess the graphic design skills I picked up came in handy— especially since I was so active in the music scene online— forums, MySpace, music blogs. I always thought these platforms needed to look cool, so I was always making cool graphics and layouts in my spare time. When I got out of school, my interests really peaked in music and the development of social media. As it turns out, my lengthy list of random skills came in handy for digital marketing, so here I am!
Amy, you had the awesome opportunity to be the Vans Warped Tour 2012 Monster Energy Pit Reporter. What is your favorite memory from your time at Warped this past summer?
Warped was an unforgettable experience! Choosing one memory is really hard. It was really cool getting to work with and watch some of my favorite bands all summer, and seeing thousands of fans singing their hearts out day after day. Personally though, the one that sticks out most was when Yellowcard asked me to Warped Tour Prom on stage in Charlotte— they ended up wearing matching tuxedo t-shirts, and even brought me a corsage! Totally unexpected and definitely made up for the prom I missed out on in high school.
What was your first big project at Fueled By Ramen and how did it go?
My first big project at Fueled By Ramen was right before the Some Nights album release for Fun. To coincide with release week, we decided to do a video projection up on a building in Brooklyn, NY. Because there was no sound, we needed to rework some of the visuals, so I cut up the ‘We Are Young’ video and animated the lyrics to coincide with the footage. I think it was 36 hours of continual editing, napping, and rendering. Definitely a lot of work, but it came out great, and was well worth it.
What is your favorite social media platform and why?
MySpace! Kidding (obviously). I’d have to say Twitter. I’ve been part of it since it was opened to public users— where I mostly exchanged words with friends in Europe. Now that the network is bigger, it’s cool to connect and share thoughts/ideas/news with thousands of people.
How do you spend your spare time outside of the Fueled By Ramen office?
If I’m not in the office, I’m usually photographing concerts. It’s probably my favorite thing to do in my spare time.
Thank you to The IMPOSSIBLE Project for providing film for this photo!
- accordingtomac likes this
- livingundercovers likes this
- itsgabbyyall likes this
- wearethekidsblog reblogged this from designandcapture
- rhonettespeak reblogged this from fueledbyramen and added:
- kaybiniscool likes this
- natzone likes this
- itssjusmee reblogged this from fueledbyramen and added:
- itssjusmee likes this
- livingyourghost likes this
- imcalvinhughe reblogged this from designandcapture
- imcalvinhughe likes this
- morganmcnair likes this
- designandcapture reblogged this from fueledbyramen and added:
- corduroypantalones likes this
- jenn-jenn94 likes this
- geansmachine likes this
- brifromcali likes this
- diey0ung-saveyourself likes this
- mighty-man-noodle likes this
- lymonchello22 likes this
- mylifeaslumos likes this
- pictureslastlonger reblogged this from fueledbyramen
- never-been-to-alaska reblogged this from fueledbyramen
- remainingflames likes this
- rhonettespeak likes this
- miamiskinkybutsunny reblogged this from fueledbyramen
- miamiskinkybutsunny likes this
- taylorethecreator likes this
- fandralthefuckingmagnificent likes this
- ciarastarship likes this
- beauty1nthebreakd0wn likes this
- fueledbyramen posted this